Getting started on the path toward fertility can be filled with anxiety, many questions and excitement. You should schedule a visit with your doctor or fertility specialist at least 3 months prior to conception. This allows your provider to help you plan for your health as well as your baby’s. Assuming you are healthy because your previous pregnancy was complication-free can be risky.
Infertility problems can occur even if your last pregnancy was successful. Caused by one or more obstacles, it can be based on such issues like irregular ovulation or none at all, blocked fallopian tubes or male factor infertility.
As you see, many obstacles can hinder your next pregnancy. However, thankfully, it doesn’t end here. Inovi’s highly trained team of fertility specialists offers help to sort out infertility answers and provide the right treatment options for you to consider.
Prepare for Your Pregnancy
- Plan a visit with doctor to discuss your pregnancy plans at least 3 month prior
- Be prepared to review you and your partner’s medical and family history, vaccinations, genetics and any concerns you may have
- Begin taking 400 micrograms of Folic Acid daily (prenatal vitamin) to prevent neural tube and other birth defects in your baby
- Stop smoking, eliminate alcohol and recreational drug intake
- Consider all harmful chemical exposures and remove yourself from them
- Know the risks for viruses and infections causing potential harm
- Do not eat undercooked meat
- Avoid caring for pets including changing cats litter boxes due to the risk of Toxoplasmosis
- Maintain a normal body weight (check yours with an online BMI Calculator)
- Eat a healthy diet and learn what foods can boost your fertility chances
- Try to engage in moderate exercise five times per week
- Reduce your stress
- Schedule your Fertility First Steps visit when you begin to expect you might need help getting pregnant